This is not a comprehensive list and map of doggy friendly pubs and restaurants in the Great Yarmouth area. It is meant to include some of the main or nicest localish places where dogs are accepted.
Some of the pubs where you can eat you and your dog may not be able to sit in the main eating or restaurant area but dogs will be welcomed in a different room.
There is also a map of the various locations.
Dog friendly places and pubs for eating and drinking in Gorleston
- Gorleston's Doggy Diner - fantastic place for dogs and their owners. Click here to see a more detailed review, location map and lots of photos of it at bottom of the page.
- Jay Jays Cafe (The Beach Cafe) (postcode NR31 6QT) - is halfway along Gorleston's beaches promenade or Lower Esplanade. Serves hot food. Dog walkers can sit outside next to the beach. Perfect dog friendly place to eat and drink when doing the dog safe walk along the beach
- The Dock Tavern (postcode NR31 6PY) near the Riverside Road dog safe and friendly walk
- Wheelwrights Arms, Beccles Road, Gorleston (postcode NR31 0PS) - old fashioned locals boozer that really welcomes dogs and their owners. NO real ales!
More dog friendly pubs and restaurants near Gorleston On Sea
Dogs and dog walking owners are welcomed at these eating places in Norfolk and Suffolk, sort of near Gorleston and Great Yarmouth.
- The Fisherman’s Inn Burgh Castle (postcode NR31 9PZ) - fantastic walk along a river and around Burgh Castle then sit beside the river.
- The Bell Inn, St Olaves (postcode NR31 9HE) - very large beer garden beside the river but a busyish road - open early and good food and real ale all day
- The Dukes Head Somerleyton (postcode NR32 5QR) - super countryside pub with large beer garden, children's play area, great food, real ale and a river nearby. You can eat with your dog in the smaller snug room where in winter the log fire burns warmly and the happy locals gather.
- White Lion, Wheatacre (postcode NR34 0AT) - great Thai food and good English fare which you can eat in the smaller bar area where your dog is welcome. Real ales with some good Milds and you can sit in the beer garden beside the pub while the sun goes down.
- Ferry Inn, Stokesby (postcode NR29 3EX) - beside the River Bure and a great place to eat, drink and be merry as the sun sets over the Norfolk Broads. You can eat the good food inside with your dogs.
- The Fritton Arms (postcode NR31 9HA) is a wonderful place to walk your dogs and exercise your children as its located at Fritton Lake Norfolk which has a small adventure park.
- The Crown pub Haddiscoe (postcode NR14 6AA) - large patio in the front on a busyish road but enclosed beer garden in the back. Dogs accepted in the bar area when eating. This pub may now be closed?
- Queens Head Burgh Castle (postcode NR31 9QQ) - who do a Sunday Carvery. This pub may now be closed?
Dog friendly places and walks map around Gorleston On Sea
Doggie Diner Gorleston
Doggie Diner Gorleston (postcode for Pier Hotel NR31 6PL) near Gorleston beach and hidden away behind the Pier Hotel (Great Yarmouth Mercury review, The Barking Bugle review). The Doggy Diner has to be the most dog friendly place in Gorleston, Great Yarmouth or Norfolk?
Food and drink for dogs and those walking them. Comfy armchairs with blankets on for dogs to relax on also. Lots of other stuff that has to be experienced.
But where is the Gorleston Doggie Diner located? The Dog Diner is hard to find as it is located in an old boat shed in a Port Authority area, hidden away behind a tall wall behind the rear of the Pier Hotel. Below are a photograph of the area and also a Google map where you can find the Doggy Diner.
When you drive or walk your dog along the River Yare and come to the start of the Gorleston Pier area (just past the Gorleston Lighthouse) where the road opens up to car parking spaces behind the Pier Hotel and Ocean Room and beside Key Largo restaurant.
There is a tall lonely white 2 storey building behind some high walls and the Doggy Diner is in that yard through the large brick gateway.
Gorleston's Doggie diner location map